382 S BroadwayLexington, Kentucky email@example.com
What size should I rent?
Instruments come in many different sizes. It is important to rent the correct size for your child or they will find it difficult or impossible to play. If there is any question, choose the smaller size.
Violin & Viola Sizing
Arm length is the most accurate way to select the correct size instrument. Have your child stand with his or her left arm outstretched to the side not reaching, but not bent either. Measure from the base of the neck to the center of the palm. This indicates the most comfortable size instrument for that child.
The player should sit up straight on a chair with knees bent at 90-degrees, and feet flat on the floor. The cello is laid against the left shoulder, with the endpin extended so that the cello body rests against the sternum, the lower bout contacts the left knee, and the C-peg (the lowest-pitch string) is near the left ear. The left hand should be able to easily reach all parts of the fingerboard. Cellos can be roughly sized by the player's age. Slightly more accuracy is obtained when using the player's height; however, since body proportions are the most important factor here, there is in the end no substitute for trying out actual instruments.
Optional Instrument Insurance & Maintenance
Because accidents DO HAPPEN, we recommend our insurance and maintenance package which offers 100% protection against loss, damage, or any necessary repairs for the instrument, case, and bow.
Insurance Terms of Agreement
If insurance is declined, and the instrument is lost or irreparably damaged, renter is responsible for 70% of the amount of the retail price of the instrument. Repairs necessary due to normal wear and tear will be assumed by Old Town Violins (OTV) providing rental payments have been made timely and are current. Repairs necessary due to damage deemed over and above normal wear and tear will be performed by OTV at the expense of the renter. If insurance is purchased, loss, damage or any necessary repair will be assumed by OTV. All repairs and adjustments are to be made only by OTV. Accessories, replacement strings, etc are beyond the scope of this agreement and are the renter's responsibility.
Delivery vs Shop Pick-up
Save time and make life easy! Old Town Violins will gladly deliver your rental instrument to the student's school up request for a minimal fee. Deliveries will arrive within 4-7 business days.
Terms of Rental Agreement
1. Exchanges to the next instrument size shall be free of charge providing rental payments are current and the previous instrument is returned in good condition with only normal wear and tear.
2. The renter agrees that if rent has not been paid within 10 days of the due date, a monthly late fee of $5 will be charged to the card on file.
3. If rent is not paid for two consecutive months, and/or the instrument is not returned in good condition allowing for normal wear and tear, the renter shall be responsible for 70% of the retail list price of the instrument plus any and all collection or legal fees incurred.
4. Minimum rental term is six months. If rent is paid on time and is current, and the instrument is returned in good condition allowing for normal wear and tear, 100% of rental fees, exluding taxes and insurance, may be applied to the purchase price of an instrument of the kind being rented (ie violin/violin, cello/cello, etc) not to exceed 50% of the purchase price. (This does not mean "rent to own" the rental instrument.)
5. Payment is due on the 1st of the month. Partial months at the beginning of the contract will be prorated.
Lexington382 S Broadway Lexington, Kentucky 40508859-226-5015
Louisville3910 Massie AveLouisville, KY 40207502-690-2332